Home Care Services
As you get older, living independently in your own home can become more difficult. If you’re finding it harder to do the things you used to, you can ask for some help at home. Asking for help doesn’t mean losing your independence. In fact, getting a little help with daily activities means you can stay independent in your own home for longer. Help at home looks different for different people. It may mean getting help with shopping and cooking. Or it could be receiving personal care to bath and dress. It may even mean getting modifications to improve your safety and movement around the house. Getting some help at home can enable you to continue to live independently in your own home for as long as possible.
Am I eligible for these services?
Eligibility is based on need. You may be eligible for services if you have:
- Noticed a change in what you can do or remember.
- Been diagnosed with a medical condition or reduced mobility.
- Experienced a change in carer arrangements.
- Experienced a recent fall or hospital admission.
To find out if you are eligible, the first step is to check if you meet the requirements for an assessment. If you meet the requirements, you can apply for an assessment online. Go to www.myagedcare.gov.au/am-i-eligible or phone us 07 46973735 and we can help you.
A trained assessor will then visit you at home to carry out an assessment. They will talk to you about your circumstances and needs and work with you to identify what services might suit you best. We can help.
Clifton Community Health Services is an approved Home Care Package provider as part of the Australian Government Aged Care subsidised scheme. If you are approved for a Home Care Package, you can choose us to provide the support and services you need to live well at home such as:
- Bathing, hygiene, and grooming
- Help with impairments or continence.
- Meals and food preparation
- Nursing care
- Access to podiatry, physiotherapy, and other therapies
- Aids to stay independent.
- Home modifications
- Cleaning, laundry, and other chores
- Home or garden maintenance
- Social outings, shopping, and appointments
Right for you All aged care organisations deliver their services differently and charge different amounts. So, it’s important to look around and compare providers before deciding who to get your services from.
There are three main things you should consider when selecting a provider:
1 Services, choose a provider that meets your needs.
2 Quality, make sure you receive a good standard of care.
3 Cost, know what you will need to pay.
Why choose us?
- We are a local and not-for-profit organisation that’s been caring for our community since 1949.
- We really care about your health and wellbeing. We tailor our services to suit your needs and wishes We keep our services affordable.
- We have a dedicated Home Care Coordinator you can speak to directly.
- We hold strong values about compassion, quality of care and honesty.
- We have extensive experience in providing aged care services.
Contact us. For more information about a Home Care Package or how we can help you, contact us: Clifton Community Health Services Home & Community Care Coordinator Phone (07) 46973735 or make an enquiry online: https://forms.office.com/r/K8HQkxhvtw